For more detailed information about
Riga Victoria dance Academy visit our additional website :
TERM 3 NEWS:
Get ready for an exciting adventure.
Rehearsals for our end of year production
will begin soon.
NEW ENROLMENTS ARE WELCOME
EVEN IF YOU MISS THE ENROLEMENT DAY.
DROP IN TO SEE US
'Dancing from the inside, out!' TM
DIRECTOR: Ms R.Eicens F.C.B.A - C.I.C.B., Cert IV, Enrico Cecchetti Diploma Holder, AISTD (MTDB)Honours Distinction, Australian Ballet Trained
Fully Accredited Government Approved Dance Training Facility.
With over 37 years of experience the Academy has trained many dancers and teachers that are now out in the dance field. Under the careful eye of the Director who's experience in the dance industry spans well over 50 years. Come and join an elite dance facility and learn from the bestto be your best.
Please feel free to call and speak to the Director on how to select a qualified dance school and make sure your child is taught correctly and with the care they deserve.
The original and the best since 1980.
Exciting and fun class for pre-schoolers
3 - 4 years of age.
Welcome to drop in for a free trial.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SEE US IN ACTION
The Director of the Academy Ms Rita Eicens established the dance school in 1980 to provide people of all ages the opportunity to experience the magic of dance and theatre. The Academy situated in Reservoir Melbourne, trains students from 3 years of age, to a higher technical/artistic level, offering the best preparatory level of training for the vocational student for entry to external professional tertiary dance courses. The Academy also gives the recreational and 'once a week' student the ability to achieve the best possible standard. Most importantly, dance is a spiritual art form which brings the student very close to achieving perfect balance between the emotional and physical being.
There is no audition process to become a member of the Academy; all potential students are welcome regardless of ability or physique. Dance should be fun, but it must be of the highest quality to ensure that students are trained correctly. Class sizes are limited, so that you feel comfortable as you learn to dance in a personal environment with individual attention.
- Kinderdance (3 to 4 yr olds)
- Enrico Cecchetti Classical Ballet from Junior Grades to Professional with the choice of Examinations
- Hip Hop
- Body Conditioning
- Theatre Class
- Training for teaching degrees with Cecchetti International Classical Ballet
Aim and Policy:
- Train every student to reach a good basic technique and be able to dance to the best of their ability through repetition and a well structured syllabus.
- To ensure that the level of proficiency will be as high as possible for students who are studying ballet for vocational purposes.
- Feel freedom, pleasure and satisfaction when reaching a personal best
- Foster and encourage a love of dance in all students
- Aim for excellence
- Provide students with challenges
- Develop concentration, fine and gross motor skills
- Improve physical fitness, flexibility, co-ordination and posture
- Encourage self discipline and focus
- Train students for the stage in a professional manner
- Encourage friendship and team work
- Teach all students to dance regardless of ability or physique
Child Safe Policy
All children who come to Riga Victoria dance Academy have a right to feel and be safe. We are committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people accessing our services and the welfare of the children in our care will always be our first priority. We aim to create a child safe and child friendly environment where all children are valued and feel safe.
All members are made aware of, and must abide by, our Code of Conduct & Safe Dance Policies.OurChild safe Policy is in collaboration with Child Protection Services and complies with our obligations under the Children?s Protection Act 1993
First trial class free, on mention of our Web Site
"Tourmaline" in the ballet "Jewels"
Advanced Dancers in "Higher Ground"
NEW ENROLMENTS FOR 2017
Enrolments are still available for Term 2
Studio: 34 George St Reservoir
Studio hours 2017 : Mon to Thurs 5.00pm to 9.30pm
Fridays 4.30pm to 8.30pm
Saturdays 9.00am to 6.00pm